The GST ARN (Application Reference Number) is generated automatically on the GST portal on successful submission of the online GST Registration Application. This number can be used for tracking the GST Registration Application Status. Approximately 10 to 15 working days are required for processing the GST registration application. But if required, the GST registration status can be checked online on the GST Portal.
Following is the procedure to check the GST Registration Status:
1st Step – Go to the GST Portal https://reg.gst.gov.in/registration/
2nd Step – Go to ‘Services’ > ‘Registration’ > ‘Track Application Status’.
3rd Step – Enter the ARN which you had received while the GST Registration Application was submitted. Enter the Captcha code and click ‘Search’.
Enter the ARN which you had received while the GST Registration Application was submitted.
Any of the following statuses would be displayed:
- Provisional – Meaning the Provisional ID has been issued but yet the application has not been filed.
- Pending for verification – Meaning the Application has been filed successfully but the verification is not completed yet.
- Validation against Error – Means the PAN details that was provided by the applicant and the details that was provided by the IT Department does not match.
- Migrated – Means the application that was submitted for migration to GST is completed successfully.
- Cancelled – Means the registration has been cancelled.
You can check the status of GST registration application and take required action based on the ARN status.